Just a reminder that on Monday, the following components for the FINAL PROJECT: CONCEPTUAL PORTRAITURE are due:
Part 1: Preparatory Writing
To start the assignment you must decide on the person that you would like to photograph. Your next step will be to type the answers to the following questions and put them into a plastic presentation binder (get one of these for next week).
1. What is the name of the person you are photographing?
2. What is your relationship to the person you are photographing?
3. The reason you want to photograph this person is…
4. A place that you associate with this person is… because…
5. How are you going to use your photographic skill sets to try to capture the concepts/ideas listed above? Please list specific ideas/examples.
6. A thing that describes this person is… because…..
7. How are you going to use your photographic skill sets to try to capture the concepts/ideas listed above? Please list specific ideas/examples.
8. Once the above elements are completed you can begin to take photographs. The more thoughtful your written statement + TEMPLATE FOR PHOTO DEVELOPMENT are the easier it will be when you are actually shooting. If you have thought through what and how you want to photograph something, the more likely it is that your images will communicate content in the way you want them too.
Part 2: Photographic Templates:
Only after your writing is complete do I want you to begin to develop your specific images using the TEMPLATE FOR PHOTO DEVELOPMENT. When you have completed your first draft of the Photography Development Template please put that into your plastic presentation folder. For each photographic image please use a minimum of one Photography Development Template (this means that if you have a few ideas for this project, you will have a few templates.)
Please remember to keep up with this project. If not, you will have a very difficult time completing it.